Saturday, January 14, 2006

Wedding Fever

Yay!!! I'm so excited that 2 of my friends have now got married. I've still got the traces of wedding henna on my hands!!

Happy New Year to you all - I'm feeling in a much more positive mood since I last wrote. I had an absolutely wonderful time in India and I think it's done me the world of good!! There was some continued sickness from the food poisoning and I didn't manage to escape the obligatory Delhi Belly either but despite all that I still had such a fantastic time - partly because it's not everyday you get invited to Bombay for a wedding, and that it was my friends that were getting married but also because of the great joyful atmosphere - Indian weddings are such fun!! There was Indian dancing, cross dressing and even some Bollywood acting in a rather farcical rendition of the married couple's love story!! Rather guaranteed to break down barriers between the guests!! I do have photographic evidence and so if I get permission from the beautiful couple I may post a couple of pictures in due course!!!

Upon returning to the UK I'd not been back long over a week to hear 2 more engagement announcements with one of the couples also planning to be married this year!!! So I now have a total of 3 weddings to go to in 2006 and another one in the pipeline!!

I'm just a little too excited by all of this that I think I should have a bit of a lay down before I'm the next to catch wedding fever and end up proposing to the next random guy I see in the street!! Ermmm......maybe I'll make it down the aisle before my little sister after all!

1 Comments:

At 12:40 pm, Blogger meg said...

Just to clarify, my wedding shall be the most important of 2006.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home