Sunday, June 12, 2005

Thank 'evans

Yes thank Evans for existing!! Not one to usually get excited over clothes shops I am genuinely relieved that shops such as Evans exist. As the girlies will know Evans is one of those clothes shops for larger ladies, BUT, as I discovered for the first time yesterday, it also does shoes with wider fittings. Suddenly a flash of inspiration hit me as I realised that maybe I might actually be able to find some footwear that actually fitted me for a change!!! And lo and behold I did and I bought a pair of shoes. I've been so excited by this discovery that I just had to share my news with you all!! Do you know how oppressed I have felt for all these years by the fact that my feet are just slightly too wide for the eyes of fashion?? Oh, alas the trauma of realising as a small child that I could not fit into those magic princess shoes, you know, the ones with the key in the sole of the shoe that every little girl wanted at primary school? Well, they only went up to an F fitting and my feet were measured at a G. Actually, whatever happened to those feet measuring machines? If you don't know what I'm talking about you're either the wrong age, wrong gender or your mother never dragged you around Clarks shoes as a child!!!

I would like to say that I like my feet, I'm not one of those women that goes aroung asking "Do my feet look too fat in these? but it's just that its a real pain to find anything that I can fit into and so this is why yesterday's discovery has got me so excited!! Thank Heavens for Evans, that's what I say!!!

4 Comments:

At 12:44 pm, Blogger meg said...

I remember those machines! They were great! And slightly scary.

 
At 11:36 pm, Blogger Katrina said...

You know what the really sad thing is? I can't wait to show my purchase to Becky 'house of shoes' McHale because I think she would approve!! They even have a heel too, only a very small one but it's there nonetheless and this is quite radical for me - the girl who wore Dr Martens boots with a dress to her 18th birthday party!! What has happened to me??? Where did that feminist angst go?

 
At 12:54 pm, Blogger I'm Over The Moon said...

oh shoes! i was a child with a very awkward but narrow foot, and once tried on every pair of shoes in my alledged size in a department store and still couldn't find any that fit. now i cant find any that don't hurt me. the last few pairs of sandals/flipflops/shoes/trainers i've bought have all hurt my feet. even dr scholl's ripped the skin off the top of my foot. where is there a shop for people whose skin is about as much use as tissue paper paper mache?

 
At 10:42 pm, Blogger Katrina said...

Forget the shoe shops - have you tried the doctor?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home